Our Sociology 4+1 College Pathway program is especially suited to students who seek positions in social science research organizations (governmental or non-profit) or who seek additional training in sociological theory and research as preparation for graduate school applications. Our M.A. requirements are sufficiently flexible to allow students to create programs that meet their career and academic goals.
Students interested in research careers can use their elective credits for applied research skills courses and can orient their master’s papers toward methodological or applied topics.
Students interested in supplementing their undergraduate records in preparation for doctoral studies at another institution can use their elective credits for theory or substantive courses and orient their master’s papers in a more scholarly direction.
The Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) will work closely with students to ensure that the program meets their career and academic goals.
- Prestige of earning an IUB Sociology advanced degree
- Convenience of completing the M.A. at same institution
- Time to prepare and receive feedback on formal graduate application
- Opportunity to connect and form professional relation-ships with Sociology faculty
- College GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Earned a 3.0 or higher in all graduate courses completed
- Completed all IUB GenEd
- Junior standing in program (60-89 credit hours completed)
Application materials due April 15, 2021
- 300 to 500-word essay describing why you are interested in pursuing graduate study in sociology, the kinds of sociological topics and approaches that interest you, and your career goals
- One letter of recommendation from IUB faculty
- Send application materials to email@example.com
Annual tuition (for 2020-2021)
- Indiana resident: $11,220
- Nonresident: $37,600 (This estimate includes tuition and fees only.)
- International student: $41,163 (This estimate includes tuition and fees, room and board, health insurance, and miscellaneous expenses.)