We encourage you to keep in touch with your academic advisor throughout the year. Working closely with your academic advisor helps you navigate the university, stay on track to complete your degree, and develop the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary for long-term success after graduation.
The Sociology academic advisor can help you plan an individualized course of study. Visit the academic advisor to:
- Identify your academic and career goals
- Develop an academic plan to build the skills and knowledge needed to reach your goals
- Select and enroll in classes appropriate for your plan
- Understand academic policies and procedures
- Learn to use academic tools, such as the College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin, the degree map for your major, and your Academic Advisement Report, and the B.A. Degree Planning Worksheet
- Connect with academic support services
- Integrate enrichment opportunities such as internships, study abroad, student organizations, and undergraduate research into your plan
Meet with your academic advisor at least once each semester to review your academic plan and identify appropriate course options for the next semester.