According to the WOKE Constitution, the purpose of this organization shall be:
- To encourage dialogue between students who take Sociology classes.
- To encourage social interaction between students and faculty, outside of the classroom, with the goal of exploring the applicability of the field of Sociology.
- To encourage collaboration between collegiate and noncollegiate clubs and associations with the goal of empowering disadvantaged populations/groups to advocate for social change.
- To facilitate a link between Sociology as knowledge and Sociology in action.
- To provide a brave space where students can share their opinions, popular and unpopular.
- To promote, and help others appreciate, diversity.
- To create a Speaker’s Bureau of social activists, reporters, academics/scholars, and community advocates who will be invited to speak at activities/events organized by the Club.